MODULE 1: GETTING READY TO LEARN

  BY NORLIANA KAMIN



INTRODUCTION

Hi guys!! Welcome to my blog. Salam UITM di hatiku! Let me introduce myself first. My name is Norliana Binti Kamin. I came from Johor. After SPM, I further my studies in Pre-Diploma Agrotechnology (AT001) at UITM Pahang Campus Jengka. To illustrate, this is a blog about UED 102 Study Skills that all new UITM's student will learn during their interim week. Hope everyone gain useful information here! Enjoy!

To illustrate, I'm going to talk about getting ready to learn for today topic. 


MODULE 1:GETTING READY TO LEARN



WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SCHOOL AND UNIVERSITY ?
  • Spend less time study in class
  • Spend more time study out of class
  • Having more reading
  • Few test
  • Not be reminded about exam
  • No one will remind you all the important dates
  • There are fewer delay assignment and they may not be taken in certain classes
  • Live and study in same place
  • Have jobs
  • Managing own financies











TYPES OF LEARNING STYLES



WHAT ARA THE CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL STUDENT?




1. Attend all classes
2. Become an active learner
3. Participle in class
4. Get to know your lecturers
5. Form study groups with friends
6. Stay up to date with your work
7. Be receptive to change
8. Work hard this semester



ACTIVITY 1

Indicate your preferred learning styles and determine which characteristics of learner are you.



As you all can see. I'm more tend to visual learning styles. This mean I study more effective when studying with visual information and vibrant colours. In this way, I can perform well in my studies.

My Learning Strategies:
  • Recopy notes while studying. This can be done several times if necessary.
  • Visualize the information or how to solve a problem.
  • Look at the words, visualize the words in my mind, repeat them to myself
  • Make simple note to make it easier to be memorized by making mind map.

THATS ALL FOR TODAY. THANK YOU!



Comments

Popular Posts